Pharmacy Technician Training Program
The Pharmacy Technician Training program prepares students to take the Arizona Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam and receive their Pharmacy Technician License. Medstar Academy offers a ten-week, hands-on training program that focuses on preparing students to take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Testing exam.
Pharmacy Technician students take classes four days per week, Monday through Thursday for seven weeks. This is followed by three weeks of clinicals at a Walgreens branch close to where the student lives.
Cost of Pharmacy Tech Program
- Registration Fee — $200
- Tuition — $2,225
- Scrub Set — $15
- Trainee License — $60
- 5-Panel Drug Test — $35
- Books — $120
- Cards and Materials –$60
- Fingerprint Clearance Card — $67
- Fingerprint Rolling Fee — $20
- NHA National Exam — $129
- Federal Background Check — $69
Cash/Credit Paying Students
Tuition includes books, scrub set, flash cards, federal background check.
Payment Options for Cash/Credit Paying Students :
Payment Plan — Pay registration fee of $250 upfront at the time of enrollment and then make either three biweekly payments or four biweekly payments. You may also put the entire program cost on a credit card. This will allow you to pay for your classes over an extended period of time.
All payments must be completed prior to the student being scheduled for clinicals.
Pharmacy Tech Training Program Requirements
Requirements to enter the Pharmacy Technician training program:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Provide proof of Citizenship — Arizona State ID, Arizona Drivers License or US Passport
- Social Security Card
- Pass an Admissions Test — English and Math competency level
- No felony convictions or drug or pharmacy-related convictions including misdemeanor that would prevent the ability to get Arizona Pharmacy Tech Trainee License
- Pass a five-panel drug test
Pharmacy Technician training program students must meet the following requirements prior to entering the off-site clinicals:
- DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Obtain Arizona Pharmacy Technician Trainee License
- Pass Background Check
- No outstanding payments
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Hours
The Pharmacy Technician training program aims to perform two distinct student-oriented goals. First, prepare students for employment as pharmacy technicians, and second, qualify students to take the NHA exam. Medstar Academy offers 240 hours of training, qualifying Pharmacy Technician students to take the NHA exam.
- Classroom Education — 120 Hours
- Clinical Requirements — 120 Hours
- Clinical training and orientation to an accredited and licensed healthcare facility.
Pharmacy Technician Class Schedule
|Class Days Per Week||Days Class Meets On||Class Times||Class Start Date|
|Day Class||Four Days a Week||Monday Through Thursday||9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||The next class starts on January 11, 2021
Please call (623) 773-9000
|Evening Class||Four Evenings a Week||Monday Through Thursday||6:00 PM to 10:00 PM||The next class starts on November 30, 2020
Please call (623) 773-9000 to register
Contact Student Services
Ready to start training for your new career? Please call Student Services at (623) 773-9000 or email us via the contact form below.
Want to know when classes begin? You can view our latest class schedule here.