How the COVID-19 virus affects Medstar Academy
Medstar Academy takes seriously the health and welfare of its students and faculty. Per guidelines from the CDC and the Arizona Department of Health Services, we have decided to postpone all current and upcoming classes. This will not affect your enrollment with Medstar Academy. We expect classes to resume on May 1, 2020.
The Student Services Office is open by appointment only. Please call (623) 773-9000 or email us to schedule an appointment to register for classes.
If we receive additional information from government health officials that directly affect Medstar Academy and its students, we will notify students and faculty in a timely manner. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
If you need further information or have any concerns, please call our Student Services office at (623) 773-9000.
Robin Gogte, RN and the staff of Medstar Academy
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA/LNA)? OUR NEXT DAY CLASS BEGINS MAY 6. OUR NEXT EVENING CLASS BEGINS MAY 6. LOOKING FOR A WEEKEND CLASS? OUR NEXT WEEKEND CLASS BEGINS MAY 5.
OUR NEXT EVENING PHLEBOTOMY CLASS BEGINS MAY 6. OUR NEXT WEEKEND PHLEBOTOMY CLASS BEGINS MAY 5.
WE ALSO OFFER DAY AND NIGHT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN CLASSES. OUR NEXT DAY CLASS BEGINS APRIL 20. OUR NEXT NIGHT CLASS BEGINS JULY 13.
PLEASE CALL (623) 773-9000 OR EMAIL OUR STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
About Medstar Academy
Medstar Academy is located at 13760 N 93rd Ave Suite 202 in Peoria, Arizona, and serves the Phoenix metropolitan area including: Peoria, Glendale, Surprise, Sun City, El Mirage, Youngtown, Waddell, Litchfield Park, Goodyear, and Phoenix. We hire instructors that are experts in the fields they teach. This gives students the opportunity to learn from those with years of real-world experience.
Current Program Offerings:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Basic Life Support and Basic First Aid
Want more information about our programs, class lengths, and costs? Please click the respective program link above.
Current class dates can be accessed here.
No financial aid or grants are available directly from the school. However, the school accepts students that receive grants or tuition assistance from other agencies or programs.
We accept Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) grants, if eligible. Please check the WIOA website for further information.
Job and Career-Focused Healthcare Training Programs
Getting a job can be difficult. Finding a good career can be even harder. At Medstar Academy, we train students for rewarding, high-demand careers in healthcare. By preparing students for a career in the medical field, we work to help them create a foundation for long-term work that benefits both them and their families.
We look closely at the requirements for state and national exams and then develop a curriculum designed to effectively train students to pass the exams, readying them for successful healthcare careers.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
Many employers are now requiring LNA certification for new nursing assistants. CNA students at Medstar Academy have the opportunity to get both CNA and LNA licensure at the same time for only a $103 additional fee. If you are interested in dual licensure, please contact student services for further information.
Why Choose Medstar Academy Training Programs?
- Many schools try to “cram” all the material in just a few weeks, whereas our programs are moderately paced and student progress is very closely monitored to make sure the student is on track to pass licensing exams.
- We limit class sizes so instructors can devote sufficient time to successfully training students.
- Many of our students find jobs with our clinical partners
- Student Services patiently walk students through all the steps necessary to complete the forms and paperwork for certification.
- Some students qualify for third-party grants.
- Medstar Academy’s healthcare training programs are certified by an agency of the State of Arizona so students can get the training they need, with the preparation necessary to begin working as soon as they successfully meet all requirements for their particular field.
Ready to begin a new, exciting career?
Please call us at (623) 773-9000. Our office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Medstar Academy is located at 13760 N 93rd Ave Suite 202 in Peoria, Arizona.
You may also contact us via email. We look forward to talking to you soon!