Phlebotomy Technician Program
The Phlebotomy Technician Training program prepares students to take the NCCT Phlebotomy Technician exam and receive national certification in Phlebotomy.
Cost of Phlebotomy Technician Program
- Registration Fee — $200
- Tuition — $2,150
- Scrub Set — $15
- 5-Panel Drug Test — $35
- TuberulosisTest — $20
- Textbook — $60
- Basic Life Support/ Basic First Aid — $60
- Fingerprint Clearance Card — $67
- Fingerprint Rolling Fee — $20
- State Board Exam — $129
Cash/Credit Paying Students
Tuition includes books.
Payment Options for Cash/Credit Paying Students :
Payment Plan — Pay registration fee of $200 upfront at the time of enrollment and then make either three biweekly payments or four biweekly payments. You may also put the entire program cost on a credit card. This will allow you to pay for your classes over an extended period of time.
All payments must be completed prior to the student being scheduled for clinicals.
Phlebotomy Technician Training Program Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Provide proof of Citizenship — Arizona State ID, Arizona Drivers License or US Passport
- Social Security card
Students generally go to clinicals within 30-90 days after classroom training ends provided they’ve met all requirements of the school and the clinical site. There are some exceptional situations when it may take even longer, depending upon the availability at the clinical site. Students are expected to cooperate with the school and clinical site and be flexible when it comes to scheduling the three weeks of clinicals in order to prevent excessive delays. Students must meet the following criteria prior to clinicals as well as any requirements of the clinical facility:
- TB test or chest x-ray within six months
- Hepatitis B vaccination or Titer within the last twelve months
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccination or Titer within the last twelve months
- Pass a five-panel drug test
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Basic Life Support and Basic First Aid Cards
- Any other admission or onboarding requirements of the clinical facility
Phlebotomy Technician Training Program Hours
The Phlebotomy Technician training program works to fulfill two student-centered aims. First, to prepare students for employment as a Phlebotomy Technician, and second, to qualify the students to take the National Center for Competency Testing exam. The exam is accredited by the NCAA and is a national certification exam for phlebotomy technicians. Medstar Academy offers 200 learning hours to practice the necessary skills:
- Classroom Education — 120 Hours
- Clinical Requirements — 80 Hours
Phlebotomy Class Schedule
|Class Days Per Week||Days Class Meets On||Class Times||Class Start Date|
|Evening Class||Three Evenings a Week||Monday, Wednesday, and Friday||5:30 PM to 10:30 PM||The next class starts on July 22, 2019
Please call (623) 773-9000 to register
Contact Student Services
Ready to start training for your new career? Please call Student Services at (623) 773-9000 or email us via the contact form below.
Want to know when classes begin? You can view our latest class schedule here.